As per usual, I’m super delayed in getting around to this. But here goes. About a month ago, I was nominated a second time for the Liebster Award, this time by AdventureDawgs! Head on over to their blog for a plethora of dog photos…and some non-dog adventure photos as well. And lots of travel tales.
The Liebster Award was created in 2011 to encourage bloggers to discover and promote new and emerging blogs. Thank you so much to AdventureDawgs for following along with my adventures and for the nomination! I really appreciate it.
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
- Post about the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Answer their questions about yourself, feel free to add photos
- Nominate 5 – 10 people with fewer than 1000 followers, inform them via social media
- Write your own set of questions for your nominees
- Feel good about yourself for winning an award and passing it on
My answers to AdventureDawgs questions:
1. What is the best accidental discovery you’ve ever made?
When I was pretty young, we were camping and my mom instructed my sister and me to wash our hands and get ready for dinner. We were at a place without soap in the bathrooms so we used hand sanitizer. Turns out it removes tree sap from your hands very effectively! Not the most exciting discovery, but one that has been very useful over the years.
2. If money were no object, what would you do?
Travel the world and take pictures and write about it. I’ve always thought being a photojournalist for National Geographic would be an amazing job!
3. Mountain or plain?
Mountains. Definitely. I grew up surrounded by them and I miss them every single day now that I live out east.
4. What is your favourite drink?
Hmmm. I’m not sure one drink stands out. I drink mostly water and tea, which isn’t super exciting. I go to Starbucks on occasion, and Pat and I have really gotten into sampling a variety of craft beers. So how about I list one of each: my current favorite tea is Twinings orange cinnamon spice; favorite drink from Starbucks is a chai latte; and my favorite beer of all time is Rogue’s Hazelnut Brown Nectar.
5. What is the mode of transportation that you prefer?
I think it depends on the occasion. I hate being stuck in traffic but I love road trips. I also enjoy flying (but again, I’d rather road trip if possible), and I love taking the train. And hiking. Feet count as a mode of transport, right? So…I guess I like most of them. Except biking. Not a fan of that.
6. Where is one place that you’d recommend we visit?
Well, normally I say Montana because it’s my home state and I love it. But since AdventureDawgs have already been there, I’ll give a similar but slightly farther from home suggestion: the Canadian Rockies. Words just can’t describe their majestic beauty. Add in glaciers, crystal clear water, and bears, and you’ve got a fantastic adventure!
Questions for my nominees:
- I’ve used this one before, but I always enjoy reading the answers so I’m re-using it. Where are you from, and what’s the most common misconception or stereotype about it?
- What travel destination is at the top of your bucket list?
- What is your most awkward travel experience?
- Favorite place you’ve ever been?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?