In an unexpected twist to the beginning of 2017, I found out this morning that I recently was nominated a second time for the Sunshine Blogger Award, this time by Jamie over at Surf Travels Blog. Thanks Jamie! I’ve never actually been surfing, but it’s something that I’ve always wanted to learn…now I know who to ask if I ever have any surfing questions! Head on over to his blog to read about his other non-surfing adventures as well.
Now for the award. The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring in the blogosphere. I’ve been inspired by many travel blogs over the years and it’s so rewarding to know that I can now do the same for others!
Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the eleven questions set by the person who nominated you
- Nominate eleven other blogs and give them eleven questions to answer
- Notify your nominees
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
My answers to Jamie’s Questions:
What is your favourite hobby?
Travel and writing – which is probably unsurprising seeing as how this is a travel blog. If I’m not actively traveling, I’m probably planning multiple future trips and/or making travel lists. I also enjoy board games and word games.
What is the most interesting place you have ever been?
Hmmmm. I’m trying to figure out how to interpret the word “interesting.” I guess I have to go with Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado. One of my majors in college was anthropology and Mesa Verde is full of that, so for me that was a very interesting place to visit. I got to see/experience some of what I’d learned about and add a lot more to my knowledge base.
What camera do you use?
I have a Nikon Coolpix L620. It’s nothing fancy, but it’s a $250 camera that I got on sale for $100, so that was pretty sweet! It’s the nicest thing I could afford and I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised. It does a decent job.
Why did you start blogging?
As I mentioned above, I’ve been inspired by lots of travel blogs over the years. I usually start planning trips by pulling up a map and doing some Google image searches, and those searches often bring me to blogs. I’ve learned a lot of valuable info from other blogs and I decided to give back by sharing my own experiences and insights.
Where are you going on your next adventure?
Hmmmm. No definite plans right now, since life currently dictates that I focus on finishing my PhD (only 4.5 more months!). But Pat and I are only going to be in New England for another year and a half, so we’ve been thinking about the places we definitely want to visit/re-visit before we move away. Those are: Montreal and Quebec City, New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Portland (Maine), Cape Cod National Seashore, Mount Kineo (Maine), Mount Washington (New Hampshire), Mount Marcy (New York), road trip down the Maine Coast, and Newfoundland/Labrador.
Have you ever been over seas? If so where?
Despite the name of my blog, I’ve yet to leave North America. I did take a ferry across the Gulf of St. Lawrence once. That’s part of an ocean. Sort of. Does that count?
What is your favourite National Park?
Glacier National Park, Montana. No contest. It’s utterly beautiful!
What is your favourite state?
I’ve realized I’m probably always going to be biased towards my home, so I have to go with Montana 🙂
Where did you last travel to?
Well, I flew home to Montana for Christmas break 10 days ago. And while I was home, we cross-country skied up a local canyon to a frozen waterfall. So technically those are my last “travels.”
What is your favourite food?
I have too many to list, haha! I love Greek food and Mexican food and honeydew and my mom’s teriyaki chicken. When I still lived at home, I always asked for teriyaki chicken and pineapples with corn on the cob and long grain wild rice for my birthday dinner.
What is your favourite season?
I’m not sure anymore. It used to be summer, but summers in New England are brutally hot and humid. Definitely not winter. Spring is fairly unpredictable in terms of weather. So I guess I have to say fall.
Questions to my Nominees:
1. What is/are your travel goal(s) for 2017?
2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
3. Most unique travel destination you’ve visited?
4. What is one off the beaten path location that you recommend for me to visit?
5. Share your favorite photo from your travels:
6. What is your advice for those trying to get into the world of blogging?
7. What is your favorite song?
8. Worst travel experience ever?
9. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten while traveling?
10. I’m re-using this question from a previous award because I had fun reading people’s answers: Where are you from, and what is the most common stereotype or misconception about your home town/state/country?
11. I used this last time around too, but I’m using it again because I think it’s a great thing to share advice. So… what is one important lesson you’ve learned in your travels?
5 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award II”
Thank you for the nomination! You can find my answers here: https://curlygirlabroad.wordpress.com/2017/02/26/awards-festival/
Thank you so much for the nomination!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you very much for nominating me! Also, it was interesting knowing a little more about you and wow that Park in Montana is amazing!! 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person