2016 was a rough year. I think we can all pretty much agree on that. Nasty politics, violence, and the deaths of our favorite celebrities ruled the news. But rather than focus on the bad, I thought I’d finish off the year with a list of my favorite 2016 adventures. Here are this year’s top five:
1. Seeing the most adorable pandas ever at the San Diego Zoo
2. Attending the US Classic women’s elite gymnastics meet in Hartford, CT
3. Boating around the Intracoastal Waterway in South Carolina and being so close to dolphins that we could hear them breathe when they surfaced (although I was so busy oohing and ahhing that I don’t have any photos of them)
4. Seeing the space shuttle Discovery – Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Chantilly, VA
5. Summiting Mount Mansfield – the highest mountain in Vermont
I hope that you all had some wonderful experiences this year; I’ve very much enjoyed reading about many of them. And as we wave goodbye to 2016, I wish everyone a very happy new year!